Sunday, November 09, 2008

Me vs. You vs. Who?

I have started to notice something that seems to have become a bit of a pattern. I say something about my life or something that happened to me or something I am feeling at the moment and someone else says "well what about me? i did blah, blah, blah.."

I don't know about you but when someone tells me something I don't automatically think, "how do you think I felt?" I automatically think, how did that make that person feel, is there anything I can do to help or make it better?

I am not sure why so many people, even selfless people, sometimes just want to jump to thinking about themselves in situations. Why is it that people feel the need for the comparison? Does it somehow make them feel more human? More Alive?

I guess I just don't understand because when someone starts to talk about something that happened to them, I actually just listen and let them talk it out.

1 comment:

Adam Broitman said...

you know you are not actually linking to my blog!!!

it is http://amediacirc.us :)