THINGS ALL NEW YORKERS SHOULD COME TO REALIZE:
10) Maybe, just maybe, not EVERYONE is in as big of a rush as you are
9) Standing in the middle of the street, isn't going to make the light change ANY faster
8) If everyone who got on the subway just filed in like normal, considerate, polite people, we wouldn't all have to feel like we were packed in like sardines now would we?!?
7) Although people in middle america can't vote for shit, maybe adopting some of their polite ways wouldn't be such a bad idea.. a little excuse me here, an i'm sorry there, can I hold that door for you?!? Nothing out of the ordinary
6) Life has got to be better than pouring your blood, sweat and tears into your work only to have to take a vast majority of your earnings and put it into those 2x4's we call home!
5) Everything is Relative
4) There is life outside of these city limits, a world that exists outside of New York
3) Just because you live in NYC doesn't mean that it is any less weird when you put the contents of your closet together in ways that only the cutest child could get away with
2) It's ok to need to a break from this crazy city
1) Pot Happens :)
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
I decided that I would suck it up and do my own laundry, (i normally do, but hadn't done it in forever) So, i'm waiting for the first load to dry, reading Harry Potter and something caught my eye, so I looked down. There it was, possibly the biggest bug I have ever seen in my life.....A COCKROACH.. That thing was seriously bigger than I am. Needless to say, I have some pretty wet clothes hanging around my apartment, but at least i don't have a giant cockroach. EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, i'm so disturbed by the cockroach, eeeewww, eeewwwww eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Monday, July 23, 2007
Ok, well the Title hopefully got all the screaming out of me. There are soooo many things I want to write about, but I think I will stick to cynicism. Recently I went to the airport and when I got there I realized I didn't have my license, or any photo identification......PROBLEM, right? Yeah, no, not-so-much apparently. I went to security with my pre-printed boarding pass and asked what I do if I have like 500 forms of other ID, but nothing with a picture on it. They told me to go to the ticket counter and they will take care of it. Still, I'm thinking, this is going to be a huge problem. I get to the ticket counter, explain the situation and the guy goes, no problem, I show him ONE, just ONE form of id and they give me a new boarding pass that basically says I will be getting pulled aside and checked. So I go back to security, go through the line and get pulled aside and quickly checked. So, we are living post 9-11 where, generally speaking, security is pretty high. Bullshit, I didn't have any photo id and you barely even looked up at me, and certainly didn't ask me any questions, and then just let me on the plane. That doesn't make me feel all that comfortable about my safety at airports (or anywhere)..how 'bout you?