Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh life..

So I'm 27 now, have been for almost a month now and I feel like I am at a place in my life where I really know who I am and am proud of it. I think it takes a everyone different experiences in their life and different moments to really get to that point where they say, "this is who I am and I am damn proud of where I've been and what I've become." I can tell you that the path that lead me here (and I actually got here a while ago but am just now taking the time to reflect on this) was full of every emotion under the sun. I went from being that the eternally happy child to a cynical adult full of sarcasm, compassion, love and eternal optimism ever-still. I long for the great experiences that got me here, tuck away the painful heart-ache and trauma that built me up stronger, and try to live every day to the fullest. I have a group of friends, who probably don't know it, but who have allowed me to really be me. I think it is soo important to have that, to be able to say that your friends know you are, inside and out, and love every inch of your being. I have always said that my friends are my anchors, they keep me afloat. More than ever, I think it is so important to be able to say "this is who I am; love it or leave it." Our world is soo different from what it was centuries ago, decades ago, years ago, days ago, hours ago. We are ever-evolving and for that purpose I am a go-with-the-flow kind of person. Sooo much has happened in my life where it is sooo important, soo powerful right then and there. That power fades and slowly but surely something else grabs a hold of your emotions. I prefer not to waste my time thinking about what might of been, I like to think about what's happening now and what will be
.... and on that note I'm done talking...peace, love & happiness

No comments: