Wednesday, December 13, 2006

So here's my beef...

Ok, so I have heard this message before and been like wow that's rude, but last night when i was on the subway I heard this message over the loudspeaker and was soo irate.....
Here's the message:
"Attention all passengers in a wheelchair, in order to exit at a certain stop by wheelchair you must be in the 6th car of the train at door 1 and 2. If you are not on that train then you must get off at another stop cross over the ramp and switch to a completely different line."
Now obviously that is not verbatim, but it is the main point....
Come on people... First of all, how is anyone supposed to know what car they are in? I can't count from the inside and there were no signs as far as I could tell on the inside. Not only that, you are supposed to be accomodating everyone, how are you going to go and make the handicapped people get off the train and then cross over a ramp then get back on another line, just because you can't accomodate them. I'm sure it is not that hard to open up all the doors on the train so that someone who is in a wheelchair can get off.
I'm going to need to find a way to do something about this, DAMN YOU PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.....

No comments: