Saturday, December 09, 2006

Rising Fever

So I'm pretty sure I was just sick, but hey...why wouldn't I be sick again, it is..after all the lay of the land. So I don't know if I have a fever anymore or if the room I am in is just UNBELIEVABLY hot....
I keep having all these things I want to write about and never have the time..now that I have time I don't know what to write about so I'm just going to play it as it comes.
So I'm in NYC, and I'm working at an interactive advertising agency and I absolutely love it. Besides being a camp counselor, I have never loved a job soo much in my life. I'm learning more than I ever imagined and can't wait to learn more everyday. So that's a plus. And I LOVE the people I work with.

But the following is what I've learned about life that I wish someone would have shared with me:
Now matter how you thought something would happen, how you pictured it, it will never live up to your expectations. It is better not to have any expectations because then you can't get hurt.. (a lot easier to say then to do.)
I've made some new friends and reconnected with some old ones, But I never thought that the ones in-between would vanish.
That no matter how much someone thinks they love you, if they don't understand you, and can't take the time to, then sometimes love isn't enough.
That some parts of growing up absolutely suck, but it's not about what happens to you, it's how you handle what happens to you that matters.
That nobody will care about you the way you want them to...unless you let them.
That my family will always make me the happiest, flaws and all.
That everyone deserves to be happy, and sometimes the only way to get there is to finally think about yourself.
That it's OK to be who you are, because every single one of us makes the world go round.
That people change and sometimes they lose the necessity for you in their life, or the capacity they need you in their life.......and that's OK.
That life is nothing more than what you make of it, and until you realize that..the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is light-years away.

No comments: