Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Clearing Path

It's been a while, but since my last post lots has changed! I quit, (finally!) It became crystal clear that I am too smart for the place that was employing me. Unfortunately, I also came to the realization that I would not be the one person to change their world from within, so I quit! Now I can go and pursue the life I was meant to live. When I gave my notice to my new boss, who has known me for all of a month, the first words that came out of his mouth were, "I saw that coming." I don't care who you are, or what the situation is, but that is the absolute most inappropriate, insulting, inconsiderate words that could come out of your mouth. This just makes me replay the question in my mind, "What the hell is wrong with people?!?!" In my time working for this company I have met a lot of people that have absolutely no filter from their minds to their mouths. Maybe I over think what I am going to say sometimes, however I would rather that than be standing in front of someone who now has their jaw on the floor. I honestly used to really like people, I still do, but now I think people need to come with warning signs, mood skins or perhaps just a passport to the land of crazy since I have yet to take a permanent residence there. At least for right now I am no longer in the customer service industry and I am free to be myself. So here's to a new road where I'm sure to find many more residents of the land of crazy and hopefully some residents of planet earth, where human kindness prevails.

No comments: