Wednesday, May 30, 2007

pondering

So, i'm in the pondering mood, which always leads to lots of why's? I was going to say what if's? but im not a big fan of what if's, you only live once, may as well lead a life of no regrets. I can honestly say in my entire existence I only have one real regret, and I think that's a pretty good place to be. Ok, this is not at all where I wanted this train of thought to go.....

I was talking to one of my closest friends tonight, and she said something that really made me think about how we all perceive things. Think about it like this, you go out with 2 other friends, one of you gets really really drunk, whomever got that drunk made a fool of themselves, and was an ass to the other two. The two, less drunk friends are annoyed by the friends behavior, and by extension their night was ruined because they had to "babysit" drunky over there. The next day you all wake up and are recounting the night, Drunky thinks the night was sooooo much fun, a little holes that need to be filled in, but overall their night was a 10. The friends are thinking, wow, I can't believe she thinks last night was that much fun, she made a complete fool of herself, and we had to take care of her, overall our nights were about a 4. Years down the road when they all think back on that night, it will be very different for everyone, and although Drunky remembers having a great time, she won't remember how it made her friends feel. I feel like i just experienced something a lot like that, with drastically different circumstances. All i know at this moment is that my recollection of that time is much more on point. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

No comments: