Sunday, September 23, 2007

secrets..

what exactly is a secret? There are the secrets people keep from eachother. In all honesty, what is the point of that?!? Isn't it better just to say how you feel, or tell people the truth? Oh if only it were that easy, imagine that, imagine if you could just say what you feel and be done with it. Imagine the mental and emotional weights that would be lifted there. I am an honest person, especially these days. I just wish our society was set up in a way that you could just say what you want. I think maybe it is more about the fact that I hate ambiguity, I hate not knowing, which is probably why I wanted to be a journalist early on in life, I wanted to be in the know. I always say, I am on a need-to-know basis and I need to know everything. Someday, someday we will get there.
There are also the secrets people keep from themselves. But my question/observation is, are you really keeping the secret from yourself, or is it denial. Do we deny things, feelings to protect ourselves from getting hurt? It's to hard in many situations to open up and feel something, because what if you get hurt, what if it doesn't work out.
MEH, you know what i say....you only live once, better to have tried and failed then never to have tried at all.
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE!!!

No comments: